Oh, by the by, Black Buddha gave me a tour of Manila today and showed me where in his opinion the best turon is located. It's made a vendor just outside DLSU where the old Alva's used to be (if you studied there the past ten years you would know) across what now is Tropical Hut. It is big, maybe a foot long, crispy, with caramelized sugar. It doesn't have langka though. I gotta admit it was pretty good, the kind that grows on you as you bite into it more.
7 comments:
Who is black buddha?
waaaahahahaha sorry wysgal sometimes i forget there's a real audience out there and just write for myself. black buddha's a friend who ... um looks like buddha and is very dark skinned from golf!
Ok this just made feel super old! I realized it's been umm over 12 years (!!) since I graduated from DLSU. Ack! No wonder I hadn't even heard of Alva's.
ALVA - Are you referring to the computer and photocopying shop?
can someone pass the Mantecado ice cream ....am gonna make it ala mode
hahaha yeah the photocopying shop! animo! =) ... great ice cream choice, sakai! ... christine, dekada na rin ako! hahaha! dlsu looks sooo different now and that new design school is wow!
I had a family friend chef who made turon out of filo sheets. It gave the turon a flaky and buttery taste... kinda like a turon croissant! yummm...
Post a Comment