22 August 2012

Connie's Kitchen Deli


Connie's Kitchen was Nana Meng Tsokolate's kiosk neighbor in Alabang Town Center, when the shop was still in that mall. Every time I would visit to check on the store, I would always go home with purchases from Connie's Kitchen.

I was happy to find that they had opened their own stand alone deli a few years ago. This is located just off Mt Carmel Church and near Broadway Centrum in New Manila. Lucky community.


A few weeks ago, I happened to be in the area again and was happy to find that they now offer sandwiches as well.
This meatball sandwich was very juicy. Kind of like what your favorite aunt, the one who cooks best, would make. The chorizo sandwich was nice and fresh, too.


Meatball sandwich
Pandesal with Bacolod chorizo
 Of course, the items that put Connie's Kitchen on the map remain to the bestsellers: gourmet tuyo, feta cheese and their dips. 

 
My favorite discovery (maybe I'm behind on this one) was this fresh, sugar free, guyabano juice. Naturally sweet. I am so addicted now. I purchased several large bottles. Have yet to try a mix of this with lambanog, hehe. 

They also have more meats but ... I have to admit I'm a lover of Barcino's imports, so I passed on this one.



Finally, they have finds from all over the country: coffee, virgin coconut oil, jams, this chili powder ... 

 It's really a nice little nook for fine little finds. Now when do they open in Makati?!

Connie's Kitchen Deli
4th Street cor. Broadway Ave, QC
727 9837